Every day, contracts information, orders, reports, or just colleagues contacts details or customers are directly stored in our emails. The loss of this file, either by a disk failure or because the information stored is corrupted and cannot be read by the software, means a real problem in addition to the cost that can generate their loss to our organization.
Our engineers have successfully resolved hundreds of cases, and are able to restore files in a record time that had been given up for lost. We can recover emails from personal computers and server environments, especially Outlook, Outlook Express, Microsoft Exchange, and Thunderbird.
If you detect any of the following symptoms in your computer, you are probably going to suffer a serious failure in the access to data.
- Some or all of the disk partitions are formatted for no reason
- You can hear strange noises when accessing the hard disk information
- A file or folder on your hard drive is inaccessible for no apparent reason
- A file or folder is deleted for no reason
- The hard drive is not recognized by the BIOS after a reset has been performed or update
- The BIOS displays a message "Primary hard disk failure" or "Secondary Hard Disk failure"
- The system displays the error message "disk boot failure. Insert a bootable floppy disk to continue"
- The system displays the message "NTLDR is missing. Press any key to continue"
- The partition table is corrupt or damaged for any reason
- The system displays the message "Operating system not found" or "Operating system not installed"
- The BIOS recognizes the hard drive but with incorrect parameters
- The BIOS recognizes the hard drive but the data is inaccessible
- The hard drive shows bad sectors after making a check
If you notice any of these symptoms, do not despair, we can help. Follow simple instructions and you contact us:
- Immediately turn off your computer and stop using it. If you use it more time, you could cause irreparable damage to your data and could not be recovered anymore.
- If it is an external hard drive or other storage device connected to your computer, unplug it and do not use it. Unplug the hard disk or storage device.
- Contact RecoverCenter as soon as possible through +34 902 115 044. You can also leave us your number and we will contact you.